The name, Soroptimist, means "best for women," and that's what the organization strives to achieve. Soroptimists are women at their best, working to help other women to be their best.
If you are an accomplished business or professional woman who wishes to help other women and girls in an atmosphere of support, friendship and fun, then joining Soroptimist may be right for you. To find out more about becoming a member, contact or visit our local club.
As part of Soroptimist International, we join over 90,000 members in 125 countries to have a global voice for women through Awareness, Advocacy and Action. Through International Goodwill and Understanding, and Friendship, Soroptimists strive for: advancement of the status of women, high ethical standards, human rights for all equality, development and peace. Find out more by visiting the website Soroptimist International.
Soroptimist International of Laramie is a part of Rocky Mountain Region which, in turn, is a part of Soroptimist International of the Americas, an international organization for business and professional women who work to improve the lives of women and girls, in local communities and throughout the world. Soroptimist International of the Americas is part of Soroptimist International.
Soroptimist membership provides a variety of benefits, including:
- Opportunities to help women and girls in the community, region, country and world leading to personal satisfaction and recognition from the community
- Friendships locally and world-wide: Cultivating relationships with other women who have similar interests and values is a central aspect of Soroptimist membership
- Networking: Associating with other women representing a variety of professions facilitates valuable business contacts
- Personal growth/Leadership: Developing skills at the club level results in enhanced professional capabilities as well as leadership opportunities at all levels of the organization
- Diversity: Opportunities to meet and learn about women from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds, and participating in projects that address the needs of women throughout the globe, contributes to world peace and understanding
- Opportunities to attend professional meetings at local, region, national and international levels